Fashion / Versace / Haute Couture Winter 2013
What a way to kick off Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week, with Naomi Campell leading a parade of supermodels in her first appearance on a Versace catwalk since Gianni Versace’s death in 1997. In a tweet signed “DV,” Donatella Versace explained, “I wanted a sexy and sophisticated woman with a strong attitude. Only a true icon like Naomi Campbell could open this show.’” And she not only sent out a parade of strong, skin-baring pieces in a moody palette of sapphire, ebony, and amethyst, but also a strong message on the viability of couture.
Fashion / Photoshoot Inspiration / Wound Magazine
- Love the netted Mask
- Love the whiteness of this shoot & the contrast between the bib style hat and her smoking
- Love the smokiness and colouring of this image.
- Love that there is so much emotion and movement in this image.
All images owned by Wound Magazine
Fashion by Designer / McQueen / It’s Only a Game
McQueen designed the 2005 collection It’s Only a Game around the idea of a chess match between America and Japan. Each ensemble corresponded to a particular chess piece.
“[In this collection] the idea of the chess game meant that we looked at six different types of women, women on opposing sides. We had the Americans facing the Japanese and the redheads facing the tanned Latinos.” - McQueen.
See Video here.
Fashion by Designer / Zuhair Murad / Spring 2013
Zuhair Murad is the epitome of Middle Eastern glamour, fashion and design. This Lebanese breakthrough in the International fashion scene has lead Murad to become an icon to his peers and audiences from arount the world. His unique creations that define oriental exxence and beauty have made their way towards all the major podiums, boutiques, and personalities.
Shortly after high school, Murad left Leabanon and moved to Paris where he obtained his degree in fashion. In 1995 he returned home to open his first atelier paving the way towards his thriving career with his illustrious designs and distinctive themes.
Fashion / Flora + Fauna / Flowers in Fashion Part 1.
3D Flowers used in fashion in three different ways.
- Embroidered onto an existing dress. (ref: Arvida Bystrom)
- In a bath tub full of flowers (ref: Kristina Yenko)
- Flowers used to construct a dress and as a petticoat
Beauty / Make-up / Sparkles Beauty Tips
1. Start slowly. Wearing glitter as an adult doesn’t have to look like you raided your old Caboodle. For a sexy, modern take, Soto says to use a less-is-more approach by building up sparkle slowly to ensure you don’t go overboard. And have some sticky tape on hand to take care of stray pieces in a snap.
2. Choose your glitter gradient wisely. "Eye shadows with ultra-fine glitter are a good way to incorporate sparkle into your makeup look," Also pick neutral colours, so non-dramatic looks.
Photos: Alexander McQueen FW 1996 / Rain Embellishment for Halloween / Dior Haute Couture 2011
Haute Couture’s Most Unexpected Trend The Sheer Thigh - Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld
Family Tree, 2000 by Zhang Huan
recliner chair & leather & knit pillow
grey and faded colours scheme